Wednesday, April 4, 2012

My attempt at running inspiration...

I've always been interested in videography/cinematography etc. but haven't ever really had the equipment to make it happen.

Well last year I bought a fairly cheap HD camera that shoots some pretty decent video. I quickly realized that if I wanted to shoot good videos by myself I'd need a tripod. Well, last week I was at REI (of course!) and saw the Gorilla Pod.

It's an unbelievably agile tough little booger of a tripod and is perfect for what I need. It's small, compact, light, and flexible.

On Monday I took my camera and new tripod out for an easy little 6 miler and ended up shooting about 20 minutes worth of footage and edited down to 4-5 minutes. Below is the finished product. Enjoy!



Also, last weekend I went up to Arkansas and ran the Eagle Rock Loop by myself. I've already got that  footage together and will get that posted in my next post.

Sorry about not posting in the past two weeks. I've been working on quite a bit of different stuff!

Let me know what you think of the video!

_Jacob_

2 comments:

  1. Nice! I've been thinking about getting a goPro camera to start documenting my activities too. Is it pretty easy to run with your tripod?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice work! About halfway through I was thinking how cool it would be if you could put in some of those fade ins/outs on the wide shots and, then, there they were. Very cool!

    Did I see you trying to hop over the creek and keep from getting your feet wet??? Shame! :)

    ReplyDelete