Tuesday, January 31, 2012

144.8 Miles

I'm gonna run again in 5 days.

With that said, all the time I've been spending on the bike will hopefully be a thing of the past. This month I spent 35 hours exercising, one of which was running, the rest were in the saddle.

For the month of January, I started riding my bike to work as often as possible, and for the month it totaled 144.8 miles. I didn't get to ride everyday, but when the weather cooperated I did.


Commuting to work on my bike has been an incredible experience and something I don't plan on quitting once I start running again. What I'll really have to see is how much the cycling effects my running workouts during the day. I know that when I get back to logging big miles I won't have the time anymore to ride the bike to and from work, but that probably won't be till later in the year.

This weekend is Rocky Raccoon, and I cannot tell you how excited I am to volunteer for this thing. I know it's going to be unbelievably tough and tiring, but I can't imagine how good it will feel to help these people out. I've got all my camping gear packed up, and all I've got now is to make a few final adjustments tomorrow and Thursday before we leave Friday morning.

I'm also looking forward to writing my first "Volunteer Report" from the inside of the race... as a spectator...

All in all, it should be a great weekend full of good friends, good running, and great times.

Just wanted to give everyone a quick update and wish you all the best at Rocky this weekend!

_Jacob_

No comments:

Post a Comment