Friday, July 27, 2012

Cedar Ridge 36K Pre Race

My friend Brian mentioned this race a few months ago. I at first wasn't going to do it, but once I found out he was in, I thought, "why not?" Brian is a great runner and is fantastic competition. (I'm 99% sure he's totally gonna kick my a**)

Regardless, I'm gonna go out hard tomorrow morning for our little 36K jaunt around the Cedar Ridge Preserve in South Dallas. I know that Brian isn't the fastest downhill runner, so my plan in to capitalize on the downhills after he drops me on the uphills with his great climbing skills. Brian, as I've called him before is a "mountain goat".

It's funny, I grew up south of Dallas in a town called Midlothian. When I was in elementary school we used to take field trips to the Cedar Ridge Preserve. Little did I know a few years (~20) later, I'd be racing there. Funny world we live in. The preserve is very compact (in regards to it's trail) but packs quite a punch when it comes to steep fast climbs.

It should be a great time had by all and a fun run at a new distance. No doubt it will be incredibly painful! Hopefully I'll have a race report up next week!

_Jacob_


1 comment:

  1. Where is this place? Could you add directions to places where you run and a little review?

    thanks

    Pam

    ReplyDelete