Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Floatin' on through the last first day of school....

Soooooo.. Lets hope today was my last first day of undergrad! Hahaha. I can only hope this is my last year. I'm seriously ready to graduate. If weren't aware already school started today. Boo. Shouldn't be too tough. Classes are MWF, 0900-1350, and I get an hr break from 1200-1300 so I'm going to be able to swim 45mins every MWF, plus I'll also be swimming tuesday and thursdays nights still in Mansfield. Ill be able to get my long 3500yrd + swims in then.

Had some amazing workouts this past week. Had a rough day right in the middle where I didnt feel like doing ANYthing... so what did I do? NOTHING! Took a day off and adjusted some workouts. Still got my 12mile run in on Saturday. I did a 30min WU ride right before it and really felt good when I started the run. For me it definitly helps to get me moving if I ride the bike for a few minutes.

Sunday I had a 6hr ride planned w/ a 1hr run. Towards the end of the ride I realized I was a bit behind schedule so I really dropped the hammer and was still feeling good. Wasn't really feeling up to the run so I rode an extra 30mins and cut the run down to 30mins. So in the end I ended up riding 126 miles w/ a 4mile run @ a 7:20/m pace. The run felt better the farther I got into it. Happy to have that one under my belt :)

This is another build week then I'll recover next week. After that its 3more weeks of building w/ a 2 week taper. Its unbelievable to think how fast the time has gone by. Out of all my training periods for IMs this one has definitly been my favorite. I've tried a few new things this time and most of them have worked out. The final test will be the two week taper.

Just wanted to give a little update! Back to work and finishing up school stuff...

Heres a little video that fits the mood :)

_Jacob_

No comments:

Post a Comment