Friday, May 15, 2009

Finals = Over! 50K = Saturday!

Man... It's been way too long since I've updated. On the other hand I've been crazy busy. The past few weeks school has been pretty hectic. I had finals this week and took my last one today!! I had a final Mon, Tues, Wed, then TWO on Thursday. On the upside, I have two weeks off till summer classes start, once those are done I'll do my student teaching in the Fall then I graduate in December. It cannot come soon enough...

I'm "racing" the Hogs Hunt 50K this weekend! I'm driving down with a friend I used to run with. We're leaving Saturday morning around 2am, grabbing our packets before the race starts @ 6am, running 50K then heading back to DFW. I'm really looking forward to getting to do my first offroad ultra. Goal is sub 4:40, which translates to a sub 9:00/mile pace. I'm gonna start of with my friend and decide what to do when we start the second half. I'm just looking to have fun and finish with something left in the tank. Don't think it'll be a problem, but I'll re acess @ the half way point.

Other than that, a lot has happened lately. Too much to actually try and remember, but if you're intersted just check out my daily training log. Theres a link over to the right you can click on. Hope everyone is doing well, and I'll update (hopefully with a race report) early next week!!

_Jacob_

No comments:

Post a Comment