Monday, January 4, 2010

5 days left....

Wow. It has been forever since I've updated. I guess that by now everyone knows that I decided to take 6 complete weeks off from running in order to heal a possible stress fracture. Mentally I never wanted to accept the fact that I was possibly injured but after a few really painful runs (and walks for that matter) I decided it was time to take some downtime.

That downtime included missing two scheduled and payed for races. First was the Texas Trails 50K, and second was the Dallas White Rock Marathon (which I had run four previous times). Not running and missing scheduled races was a lot more difficult that I expected.

With that said it's now January 4th, and I'm running on January 8th!!! It has been a LOOONG 6 weeks but it's finally almost over. Over the past week or so I've been planning out my 2010 season and it's going to contain a lot more trail races that triathlons or duathlons. Last year was solely focused on getting 1st overall triathlete in the South Midwest Region, and that's what I did. Now I'd just like to trail run as much as possible and just have fun.

Since I'm definitely not going to ready to run 100 miles for Rocky Raccoon in 4 weeks I'm opting to run the 50 miler. I'm also going to knock out to other 50 milers I've been wanting to do for awhile. The Jemez 50 in Los Alamos, NM and the Zane Gray 50 in Arizona. Zane Gray is supposed to be one of the toughest 50 miler in the US and I'm sooo excited to run that one.

Outside of triathlon/running news I graduated from UTA on December 14th with a degree in Kinesiology/Education. I'm now certified to teach P.E. (grades K-12) in the state of Texas!



While I'm not actively searching for a teaching job I am keeping an eye out and keeping my mind open. I recently started a new job doing what I've been doing for the past 5 years and it's for a great company that I really enjoy working for/with.

As my 2010 season begins I plan on having as much fun as possible and beginning this new chapter in my life outside of school.

I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas and a great/safe New Year! I look forward to seeing and hearing from all of you!

_Jacob_

No comments:

Post a Comment