Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Racing this weekend!?!?

When I think of racing I get warm fuzzies all over.

When I think of the fact that the windchills are supposed to be in the negatives this weekend I cold shivers.

I'm hoping that it all balances out and I'm just mildly frozen this Saturday.

Yes. Yes I am going to race this weekend. I decided about a month ago that I was going to do this 6hr mountain bike race at one of my local trails. Our local mountain bike association (DORBA) puts it on. I'm excited to see how competitive I can be among our local mtn bikers. On the downside the most I've ridden this winter is about 3hrs, AND I'm actually doing the mtn bike race on a 29er single speed. No matter what happens it's going to be interesting! If anyone else is interested in racing check out the DORBA website.

Now for some SUPER POSITIVE news: I'M RUNNING ON FRIDAY! Again, it's supposed to be 15 degrees, but I haven't run in 6 WEEKS. I'm so excited to get back into ultra running shape. I'm hoping that all this cycling has really helped my endurance. (Even though my endurance was peak before all this happened) If you check out my 2010 schedule to the right you can see that I'm planning a lot of ultra runs and very few triathlons. We'll have to see what races get chosen for the regional championships, then I'll add those in and that will probably the 2010 season.

I've gotta go work on this mountain bike, but in my next post I'll be reviewing my first 6hr mountain bike race, then in post after that I'll be reviewing my 2009 season that was by far my favorite, and most successful season yet!

I hope everyone is doing well... staying warm... and training hard!!

_Jacob_

No comments:

Post a Comment