Tuesday, June 8, 2010

TEXAS Heat!

The heat is on in North Texas!! I've been getting in some great trail runs recently, but they've been steamy. (My friend Alan can attest to that!)

I've been doing most of my runs around 1-4pm and it's been averaging between 96-101 everyday. Yesterday I was running one of my favorite trails in Oak Cliff just south of Dallas and the humidity had to be around 1,284% and about 100 degrees. I was sweating as soon as I stepped out of the car!

The run was superb. Get's me excited for my upcoming races/runs. This weekend I've got my first triathlon of the season. Unfortunately it will also be my first swim of the year as well! Haha. Man, this could be bad. Of course I'm still going for the win, and I'll be slightly disappointed with anything less. Despite my lack of any organized training, much less triathlon specific training!

The next weekend I'm doing a 6hr run in Abilene, TX that starts at 8pm and is on a one mile loop. I'd LOVE to log about 40 miles out there (which would be a sub 9min pace).

Just wanted to give everyone a heads up on my recent runs and some of the races I'll be doing soon. Next post?? My exciting adventures at the Frisco Velodrome. Aka, the SUPERDROME! I'm out for now.

(Photo is from the Jemez 50 in new mexico a few weeks ago)

_Jacob_

No comments:

Post a Comment