Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Two Races, Two Weeks!

I'm super disappointed in myself for not updating last week after a great weekend of racing!

Last Saturday I raced the Metroplex Sprint Triathlon for Ironhead Race Productions based here in the Dallas/Ft Worth area. As most everyone knows by now, my focus as of lately has not been triathlon, but long distance running.

Well last weekend I proved that swim training is not all that important! I ended placing first overall, by 11 seconds! I had the 6th fastest swim, 2nd fastest bike, and 2nd fastest run splits for the day. I couldn't have been any happier with the result.

This past Friday night I raced my first timed ultra event in Abilene, Texas which is about 3hrs West of Dallas. The event took place in a park on a 1 mile loop starting at 8pm. The winner was the one who ran the most laps before 2am! Long story short I ended up running 36 miles in 5:57:34, which was good enough for 2nd overall. My original plan was to get 40 miles in, but that unfortunately did not happen.

If you'd like to read that race report, just CLICK HERE.

I have a another triathlon early next month, then I have a 50K at the end of July in Forth Worth starting at midnight. I'm going to train hard in hopes of getting the win out there. There should be a big crowd with lots of fast runners. I'm totally looking forward to it.

Hope everyone is training hard and staying safe in the awesome Texas heat!! See you guys and gals out there.

_Jacob_

PS- I'll post pics from the 6hr race once they're up!

No comments:

Post a Comment