Thursday, September 29, 2011

First 100 this weekend...

Taper madness is in full effect.

I don't think I've ever had a taper like this.

I sat down with the crew the other morning for breakfast to go over the final details for the run, and I was telling them that I've been lacking any of that "spring" in my step. That really fresh "snap".

Well, I can now tell you I've got the "snap". My legs have come around and everything is feeling good. I feel antsy and jumpy, which is exactly how I wanted to feel. I'm anxious to run.... finally. I think that after running the kind of mileage I was a week or so ago, I was teetering on "burnout". I was afraid that I'd pushed a bit too far to come back.

As I sit here I have around 50 hours till this race starts. I've got a super easy 4 miler when I get off work, then I'm swinging by the store to pick up a few last minute items. Sweatpants, wet wipes, and Press 'N seal for the wife :) I'll sleep for a few hours then get up to start the packing. Everything is laid out, just needs to get packed. All of my drop bags have been finished except for putting my S-Caps in there.

We're leaving around 0430 on Friday morning so we can get into Arkansas early enough to scope out parts of the course, the make it to the pre race meeting. I've opted to sleep in a hotel instead of camping out, so we've got a 40 minute drive or so to and from the race start. I figure it will be well worth getting to sleep on a mattress. Don't want to risk not sleeping before a 100.

In other news, all I can think about is the 100 this weekend. I'd update you guys and gals on other things going on in my life, but I honestly can't think of anything.

So, with that, I hope that I have my pumped up kicks Saturday morning, cause this is gonna be a good time :)

PS- I've written a blog already that scheduled to be posted at 0600 on Saturday morning when the race starts.

-Jacob

1 comment:

  1. Good luck! Can't wait to read your race report. I am sure you will do great! :)

    ReplyDelete