Sunday, February 1, 2009

NEW Half Mary PR!!

3M went well! I set a new PR of 1:21:24 which turns out to a 6:13 avg. pace. Not too shabby but not exactly what I wanted. I think for where my fitness level is right now and the training i've been doing that was the best I could ask for! Ended up 74th Overall and 10th Age group. That race is SO competitive its great :)

This weeks workouts have been awesome! We had an ice storm here in the DFW metroplex and it was pretty bad for us! They canceled classes Tuesday AND Wednesday! I did have to ride the trainer inside but it was enjoyable. I found a few good movies and ended up watching American Gangster which was phenominal. Believe or not I also swam 3X totalling 8700 yards. Its the first week where I've really noticed my fitness coming back and its great. Today I rode for an hour and half and followed it by a four mile run at a relaxed pace. The relaxed pace was 7:06, so thats great to see.

Its now two weeks till the Austin Half marathon. I'm just going to keep building up and will set a goal for that race the closer it gets. As of right now I'd like to go 1:25 or better. Nothing too fast but definitly get some good speed in. Two weeks following that race is the Cowtown half, which I'd really like to dominate.

With that said I've gotta get some homework done and make some coffee :) Hope everyone is doing well and training hard!

_Jacob_



No comments:

Post a Comment