Saturday, January 24, 2009

Post 302!!!

Wow. So i've never noticed it before but I've reached 300+ posts! Of course that includes all my old training logs and what not.

So. The 3M half mary is this weekend! Definitly one of my favorite half marathons. The course is SO fast and smooth. I've gotta head down to the SMW regional banquet this weekend anyways, so why not race 3M too?! It'll be my third year now to run 3M. The past two years i've PR'd each time. This year I would LOVE to break 1:20 but to do so I'll have to run a sub 6:06 pace. That could be rough. Plan is to just go out hard around a 6:10 pace and see how I feel after that. Depending on how I feel I'll either go for the sub 1:20 or just break my old PR of 1:23:09.

It seems I'm finally getting back into the swing of things, specifically training :) Not to mention school! My rides are getting a bit better and my run is still great. I finally got back to swimming this week and i've been upping my CORE work. I'm excited to keep upping my volume back to Ironman training.

I ran into someone from the UTA Tri team the other day and he mentioned Collegiate Nationals. I REALLY didnt plan on racing it but this year its in Texas and would align w/ my schedule great. It could be a greeeeat workout. I'm gonna talk to them and see whats up....

I'm out! Have a great weekend :)

_Jacob_

No comments:

Post a Comment