Monday, January 19, 2009

Moving weekend and 6:45AM runs...

Whewwwww. What a long weekend! Started helping Courtney move on Friday around noon and didnt stop at ALL till today around 2pm. It was me and her dad Friday moving couches, etc up 3 FLIGHTS of stairs. We had a friend helping out Saturday so that helped getting a massive dresser, coffee table, etc up 3 FLIGHTS of stairs! Then today we finally got the bed frame/Mattress/etc up 3 FLIGHTS of stairs! Its been awhile since my calves have been this sore. I'm seriously not gonna have to do any strength/core work for a few days... haha.

I did get to work out just a bit on Saturday MORNING! I was up at 6:30 and out the door by 6:45. Got in 6.4 miles and felt great. I had time to run this afternoon but I knew that it wasnt worth it. I'm fairly sore from all the lifting and I needed to sleep before work. School starts Tuesday so I'll have some stuff I need to get done tomorrow. I'd like to at least ride for an hr and run for 30mins plus do some core. We'll have to see if my back is up for the core after all the lifting this weekend....

So has anyone ever been to SWEET TOMATOES?!?! omg. This place is AWESOME. Its by far the best Salad/Soup/bread buffett everrrrr. I'm totally hitting that place up after a long run/ride/swim.

I was talking to a good friend the other night and we were discussing down periods in training/sport. It's funny right now, because I want to be fast... i want to race... and I want to be competitive, but I'm just NOT feeling the long workouts right now. I'm really keeping everything under an hr to an hr and a half. I finally got out the door the other day and got a fasttt 8 miles done. For now i'm going to keep doing what I feel like when I feel like it. With school starting on Tuesday I'm going to have access to the pool on a regular basis so I can really start getting in some good workouts there. When I'm ready again... I'm really going to kick my ass with some long pool sessions and finally get some 3-4-5 hr rides in.

Included is one of my favorite music videos of the week. I absolutely love this song... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment