Friday, February 27, 2009

Pre Cowtown 2009

Whoo HOOO!! Its almost that time. The Cowtown half marathon is easily one of my favorite races ever. Every year I look forward to this weekend, not only for the great race, but good times with friends.

This year will be the first time that I actually race Cowtown. The overly ambitious goal is sub 1:20, but on a good day that would be difficult due to the fact that this course is NOT easy. The conditions are actually not looking too good at all. It's supposed to be windy and cool. I'd rather it be cold, so for me the colder, the better! Now the wind is a different story. Lets just hope if it is windy that we have a tailwind on the way back into town. I feel that if I can break 1:20 I should be in the top 5. Top 5 would be fantastic... freaking fantastic. I can't deny that I wouldnt be too dissapointed with top 10. Regardless I'd love to win the age group or at least come home w/ some hardware.

Today overall has been rough. I'm at work right now (1:56 am) and I have class tomorrow. On the upside my 9am class was canceled and all I have is a P.E. observation at an elementary school in Arlington. I'm excited to observe but not excited that i'm gonna be super lethargic. I'll just have to find a Starbucks and do my thing. Maybe a redbull or two as well :) Too bad I don't have my ProBars with me!

I've gotta get back to some serious work/homework so I'll say goodbye.. Hopefully I'll see some of you guys this weekend! Good luck to everyone racing if I don't see you before the start! I'll be the guy with the free beer in hand post race...

I'm including a picture I took last week on the way home... Man I LOVE Texas.

_Jacob_

No comments:

Post a Comment