Friday, August 7, 2009

Netflix is down...

What better time to update than when the Netflix website is down and I can't instant view any movies?!

Now listen here..... Today is Friday. Meaning that yesterday was Thursday, and that was the last day of this school week. You know what that means? That means that I have TWO. I repeat... TWO, days of classes left INCLUDING finals! Now... You're thinking, "Big whoop". Well. Once I'm done with finals on Tuesday that is IT. El Fine. All I have left is my student teaching and some night class called Diversity. Blah blah blah. I'm graduating in December and I could'nt be any more ready to graduate and leave UTA. I really worked my ass off this year in school and I'm now at the end of what I was dreading so much last December. I've taken 30 hours so far this year. Es mucho.

In other news, I ran 16 miles on Monday, took Tuesday off, then did another 12 on Wed. Thursday I did 4.5 miles around a 7:07 pace and today I'm doing around 6.4. The 16 miler on Monday freakin sucked. I have plenty of things I could blame it on, but honestly it was probably the fact that that was the second workout since IMLP after taking 7 straight days completely off from exercise. Regardless I probably held around a 9min pace w/ lots of walk breaks/bottle refill breaks, etc.

Wed I ran with Scott. We did the Northshore trail at Lake Grapevine. I've heard a lot about this trail so I was uber excited to check it out. It was a solid trail, but reminded me of how spoiled I am to have the Oak Cliff trails so close to my house. The Northshore wasn't very technical but did have a few light sandy areas. Now when I say wasn't technical I mean wasn't technical compared to my local trails. I'm sure that the Northshore is much more technical that most single track trails. I'm planning on heading back out there this Monday to get a 30 miler/5hr run done. I'm thinking I'll do the trail O&B for a total of 18 miles, then head back out&back for another 12 miles. It's going to be interesting to see how that works out. I've never just gone out and run 30 miles, but after my 12 miler on Wed I'm really confident and feeling great about my trail running. I definitely had another 20 miles in me on Wed.

I went ahead and purchased another Amphipod water bottle off of Zombie Runner(I'm planning on writing a review of that bottle soon) I'm thinking for Wheres Waldo 100K I'm gonna need at LEAST two bottles! Problem is I'm gonna be carrying a flashlight for the first hr or so and there's no way I'll be able to carry two bottles. I think I'll leave one of the bottles with Courtney (my one and only crew member!) that way I can get it from her when I get to one of the aid stations. Unfortunately I'll probably only get to see her twice, Around mile 15 and mile 32 (the halfway point).

Alrighty, enough random ramblings from me, I'm gonna see if Netflix.com is back up :)

_Jacob_

No comments:

Post a Comment