Saturday, August 29, 2009

Working on that Race Report!!

First off if you wanna check out the race results with splits just CLICK HERE. If you don't want splits just google Where's waldo 100K. :)

This past week has been incredible. Taking the time to look back and think about what I did on Saturday. Last Saturday was absolutely amazing. When I say amazing that just doesn't do it justice. I spent almost 14 hours running.. walking.. climbing.. and sitting in the Oregon wilderness. Nothing could have prepared for me the feelings and emotions I felt.

I haven't really said a lot about the race yet because I really don't want to ruin the race report... but I can't help but mention a few things. I'll go ahead and list them....

1) I couldn't have done this race without Courtney. Physically or mentally.
2) 8,000ft is a lot higher than I thought...
3) 3 X 8,000ft is a bitch.
4) I saw a black bear while I was completely alone around mile 58.
5) I had mentally given up around mile 25.
6) I negative split the last 10 miles.
7) I ran in shoes that only had 3 miles on them at the start.
8) Courtney drove me to the closest McDonalds afterwards.
9) I couldn't have been ANY happier with my race.
10) I made some great friends over that 14 hours.

Without Courtney being out there for me there is no way I would have been able to finish that race. She was there EVERY step of the way... She was standing out there for 14 hours waiting for my slow butt to make it back! And of course she was waiting right there at the finish line for me... How good was it to see her.

Thanks to everyone else that made that trip possible and have joined me in my adventures. 4 years ago when I was still close to 200 pounds and had no idea how long a marathon was I would have never.... ever.... thought I could do something like what I did on Saturday.

Alrighty.. back to that race report!

_Jacob_

No comments:

Post a Comment