Sunday, February 6, 2011

Shiner 102

So I've been wanting to do this for quite a while, and last night finally decided to get it started! While I don't drink a lot of beer, when I do drink beer I try to drink good beer. Over the past few years there have been a lot of beers I really enjoyed but just couldn't remember them years later when I wanted to try it again.

So everytime I try a new beer I'm going to post a "review" with at least one picture. I am by NO means a proffessional on reviewing any food or drink, so hang with me and just take what I say with a grain of salt!

With no further adeu, here is my first beer review, Shiner 102.



Here's a direct quote from the back of the bottle:

“Here at the little brewery in Shiner, TX, we are happy to serve up our latest anniversary brew, Shiner 102. With a special recipe that sits between a bright wheat and a wheat wine, this smooth, filtered, double wheat pours a pale straw color with hints of sweetness. The aromatic Czech Saaz and Washington Golding hops along with the crisp character of malted wheat are sure to refresh your senses.”

 To be honest here, when I first tasted this beer I had a hard time telling the difference between the Shiner 102 and Shiner Blonde. When I read double wheat I expected it to be a little "wheatier" than it tastes. Regardless it's unbelievably smooth and isn't bitter at all. Unfortunately I think it would be more appropriate to drink when it's 105 outside in the middle of a Texas summer! Can't wait to try this one again in August.

I give this one 4 outta 5. I'll update it the more I try :)

_Jacob_

No comments:

Post a Comment