Friday, February 11, 2011

Hello... My name is Marcell

I really wanted to post something thought provoking and profound, but nothing I could think up was as profound as this YouTube video I found. Enjoy.



Courtney and I have been enjoying that one for a few days now. It's just not getting old!!

So, in other news double training is still in motion. I guess I'm gonna peak this weekend when I do my 7hr ride. (by peak, I mean most volume in a week) I've been riding 2hrs on the trainer EVERY day with a few 10 mile runs thrown in. Tomorrow I'm planning on running 2hrs 15mins, Saturday an easy hour on the trainer, then Sunday the 7hr ride, followed hopefully by a 20 mile run on Monday after a doctors appointment. (gotta get a physical before the double!)

I'm starting to get excited and nervous all at the same time. I'm getting worried about the little things that I just need to let go of. I'm really not looking forward to the 20 hour drive, but it's gonna be WELL worth it to have an extra bike plus PLENTY of extra gear with us.

Speaking of "us", Aaron Patel is going to be my sidekick on the awesome adventure. I am unbelievably thankful to Aaron for stepping up and committing to be my crew for this race. Having him there is gonna be the equal of four regular crew members, not to mention he's letting me borrow his clincher wheel set and letting us take his car. Aaron, I don't know how I'm gonna make this one up to you, but I'll figure something out!

I also spent a lot of time working on a 2011 race schedule last night. Well... at least the ultra mary aspect of it. I'm not planning on doing any triathlons that aren't Ironhead events. I was originally going to post that schedule, but I still need to finalize a few things with the wife before posting the details!

Alright, I've gotta get back to work. Hope you enjoyed the video :) Watch it at least twice...

_Jacob_

No comments:

Post a Comment