Wednesday, February 8, 2012

I'm back.

After only running once in 41 days I am back.

I had my first run on Monday and it was pain free. Praise the Lord, because I don't know how much more I could ride the bike to nowhere.

I promise I'm going to take it easy and keep the mileage around 35mpw (miles per week) for two weeks or so, then begin ramping up the mileage again for the Leona Divide 50 miler out in Cali.

Lacing up my shoes again felt so normal and natural. It was like I hadn't taken a day off. As soon as my feet hit the dirt at the trailhead I was back. I was back to what I love to do more than almost anything. I was back in the trees... on the dirt...


I was like a kid running through the woods with reckless abandon... then I brought it back a bit just to make sure I didn't do anything stupid. I remembered what it felt like to not be able to do what I was doing, and didn't want to take any chances on that coming back.

On Tuesday I went back out and again, the legs just ran away from me... I couldn't help but let them loose and I just went with it floating along the trail.


I also finally got the chance to run in my beautiful new pair of NB MT110s that performed oh so well. I did both runs sockless with no issues at all.


This morning I'm going to get back out the my trail running group I started a few months ago called the "WMTR" or Wednesday Morning Trail Run. I can't wait to get back out there with my friends and enjoy the early morning trails.

I don't think I ever took running for granted... but now that I have it back again, I love it more than ever. I could care less if I ever get to race again... as long as I have a solid piece of single track in front of me I'm one happy trail runner.

Go get some. Cause I'm on my way to the trailhead.



_Jacob_

4 comments:

  1. Spread it On!! I haven't run since Jan 21st and I miss it too! Hoping to get back at it tomorrow. Run on my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to see you're back at it! I'm now officially a road jogger and part-time trail shuffler. Threw down a whole 26.6 miles last week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thrilled for you! And a little bit for myself and Larry:) Never ever take this for granted, it is such a treasure! I think I'd give up my arm if I needed to a devil if that was the cost. And quite a few other body parts and worldly posessions.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm keeping all my body parts since I'm fairly fond of all of them. :)

    Saw you're going to HR camp this year. Lucky you! You will definitely need that week to acclimate if you plan on pacing. It will feel strange not going this year...

    ReplyDelete