Saturday, May 12, 2012

2012 HARDROCK 100: Part I

I have officially committed to sweeping and tear down for the Hardrock 100 this year.

Ever since I first hear of HR (Hardrock) I knew that I was not only going to go there, but someday I'd race HR.

This will not be the year I run HR, but I will finally get to see the course in person. I've seen too many photos of this course than one could count. I've read more race reports from HR than all the other race reports I've read combined.

I've made my reservations at Molas Campground which resides just around 10,500ft. The plan is to leave north Texas on Wed July 11th, head up to Albuquerque, spend the night there, then finis up the last four hours or so the next morning. When I arrived I plan on heading up the biggest most epic climb I can find and hanging out around 13-14,000ft as long as possible. I'll hang out till Tuesday the 17th, then head back to Texas.

I've already started my bucket list of things to do while I'm there, and it just keeps getting longer.

For those seasoned Hardrockers out there, what should I add to my bucket list?

I may not be running HR, but I plan on jumping in headfirst to the Hardrock community and soaking in as much as I can while I'm up there.

If anyone is interested in tagging along shoot me an email and let me know. As of right now, it's just me.

_Jacob_


No comments:

Post a Comment