Monday, April 7, 2008

Last post from Texas....

So many emotions right now. I called in to work tonight. There is no way I could have worked. I can barely focus enought right now to pack. I cant believe I actually made lists and stuck to them. Its weird right now. Im no longer nervous like I was this past week. That nervousness has quickly turned into anxiety. Im ready, or.. Im as ready as I'm ever going to get for this race. What happens in Arizona next Sunday happens. Im ready to race my race and go for it. All im trying to do right now is just stay relaxed. Not spend too much energy worrying about things I cant change. School tommorow is going to be a joke. I might as well take headphones and jam to sound good music while I daydream about running a 3:30 marathon in the Arizona sun. Never have I been this excited to run a marathon. Last year it was total fear. While this year its the exact same thing... Im anxious. Anxious to see what I can do. I'm not going to try to hide my intentions.. My goals.. My aspirations. Too many people make predictions... They actually SAY what they're going to race. I have NO idea what I'm going to race... but I do know what im going to try for. And thats SUB 10. No hiding it here. I want a sub 1hr swim. Sub 5:20 bike. Sub 3:30 mary w/ Sub 5min transitions. There it is. When I hit that marathon course its sub 8min miles... and if I bonk or blow up then SO BE IT. When I race, I race. Its been over 6 months since ive actually been able to race on my bike. Last weekend at LoneStar that wasnt a race. Just another training ride. Im thirsty to race. Im thirsty for the pain...

If you've read my training log a lot of these feelings are shown there. What I do what do is just mention how thankful I am for all my friends and family supporting me so much. This last week can totally be stressful, but thanks to my friends and family I dont think its going to be too bad. I know good and well I dont talk about my LBS, B&B bicycles enough. I was in there today, getting all the final preparations done w/ the bike. Without that bike shop I wouldnt have half the equipment I have... and I probably wouldnt be the athlete I am today.

Enough jibber jabber. I'm going to double check my checklist and attempt to sleep.

Next post.

From Arizona.

_Jacob_

No comments:

Post a Comment