Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Four States and The State Crit Champs

Good news all around.
4th Overall at the Four States Triathlon. Good enough for 98 regional points.

Randomly signed up for and raced in the Cat 5 Texas State Crit Championships. Long story short I told a friend that rides for the same shop I do that If he's still there at the end that I'm pulling him and getting him the win. 2nd lap in my chain popped off coming out of a corner and I was told that it was an "epuipment" problem and to hop back in the peloton on the next half lap. I did so and my friend and I took the 1 and 2 spots. Total domination. After the race the "director" came up to me and with no idea who he was at the time he let me know that I had not completed every lap and that, that pushed me down to 11th place. The man was rude, and his attitude was totally uncalled for. When I find his name I will pubically call him out and let everyone know that he is the reason cyclists are often seen as elitists and snobs.

Other than that, David (the other B&B Bicycles rider) took 2 primes, I took, and we took the 1 and 2 spots. Overall, a fantastic day with unexpected results. Im happy I could help him to a state jersey.

Here are some fun photos taken the day of the crit! Enjoy.. Compliments of my brother. http://www.rilexphotography.com/




No comments:

Post a Comment