Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Kona > Studying for Finals....

HA! Well. Here I am. May 7th and in the middle of finals week. So much has happened. Qualifying for Kona has finally set in a little more. Dont get me wrong... Its still surreal. Ive accomplished something that SO many people only get the chance to dream about. For me.. something that was ONLY a dream. About 3 years ago, when I started this sport, I couldnt have told you the distances to an Ironman... I was a clueless 19 year old. Over the years I have found myself through triathlon, not to mention multiple life long friends. To all of those friends, I thank you for your support and friendship.

So I've recently decided that next year I'll race IMLP again and try to get another Kona slot. I'm going to head up to Lake Placid this year to get some training in, hang out with my good friend Tyler and his dad, watch his dad battle it out for a Kona slot, Volunteer, then register for the 2009 race. Im excited to get to head back up there. Lake Placid is a wonderful place, and I cant wait to see Tyler again!

I've been having some great relaxed workouts. I've decided to bump up the aggresiveness of my training just a bit. Mediocre training leads to mediocre racing.. or how my friend Jody puts it. "Long slow training, leads to long slow racing..." So when if you check out the training log my runs and rides have been a bit faster, but overall it feels nice to push a little harder and work on that speed. Today I went out with some guys on the UTA CX team and it was awesome. The pace started around 7:15/m and went down to around 6:40/m. Feels nice to get pushed a bit and have some people to run with.

So I need to get an essay written before 5am, so off to get that done I go. Hope everyone is doing fantastic!!

_Jacob_

No comments:

Post a Comment