Friday, May 23, 2008

It's Not About the Bike...

So I've recently started reading Lance Armstrongs novel.. "Its Not About the Bike". What an awesome read. Calling it an awesome read is seriously not doing it justice. I've heard so many stories about Lance. Being a cyclist.. and an athlete, I.. in a VERY small way can understand how dificult it is to race in and complete much less win a major Tour. Reading about everything Lance has encountered gives such an insight into why he races the way he does and oddly enough helps me to understand why I do some of the things I do and race the way I do. In my eyes, Lance Armstrong will always be my larger than life superhero.

Training is starting to ramp back up and I got to race again since IMAZ. I raced the SMW Regional Championship in Texarkana, Tx last weekend and had some pretty good results. I took fourth overall and first age group. The race report can be checked out by clicking HERE. In the end I'm happy with my performance and got some GREAT points out of the race. I feel that that is the best I could have done considering I've really neglected my speed in the past few months. Now that I've gotten my KONA slot I feel I can focus on my second goal and that was getting my regional elite and taking first in the SMW 20-24 age group rankings. (If not top 5 OVERALL)

If you still havent checked out my training log on beginnertriathlete.com click HERE to see it. Since I dont update this daily or sometimes even weekely my training log is a great way to keep up with my endevours.

Thanks for all the continued support! As always its much appreciated! Hope everyone is doing well.

_Jacob_

No comments:

Post a Comment