Saturday, May 31, 2008

Never been so motivated...

And its not because of this video... but this is how I feel right now.

I raced the Route 66 sprint triathlon today up in El Reno, Oklahoma just west of OKC. Let me say it didnt go according to plan.. due to reasons out of my control. I've never been so close to winning a race.. especially one worth 100points. Heres my post from my training log with a quick rundown.

"So. Im going to give everyone a quick rundown. The best thing to do would be watch Fleebs interview when he gets that up.

Heres what happened. In a nutshell.

I came out of the water 2seconds behind first place. Passed him in T1 and started the bike w/ a :30 lead and in first place overall. When I pulled out of T1 there was a motorcycle cop pacing. So I just put my head down and followed. Fairly excited to be in first that soon in the bike. We got onto old RT66 and I was just cranking w/ everything I could. Still feeling good. Well I started to think DAMN. Where is the freaking turnaround. Well two things about me racing. First... I DONT use a computer of any kind. Secondly I dont EVER look behind me because I dont want to know how close the person behind is, especially when I'm leading. Well long story short the Race Director didnt make sure there were people or a cone at the turnaround. Their excuse? "We didnt expect you to be that fast" The only thing there was was a turnaround arrow painted on the ground and nothing else. No cars. No cone. Nothing else. The motorcycle I'm sure was also looking for the turnaround cone and he just kept going so I just followed him. I followed him until he finally turned around and gave me NO recognition. I just kept going. I kept riding till I got to the OLYMPIC turnaround. Which by this point I was going so slow that I could see it on the road.

I turned around and rode probably 15mph all the way back. I was SO irrate. Its a good thing I was alone at that time. I lost that race for reasons OUT of my control. If you try to say its my fault for not looking for the turnaround IM SORRY but you're wrong. You try looking for small painted arrows on the ground when you're going 30mph following a motorcycle.

Got back to T2. Did an interview w/ Fleeb WHILE IN T2 then started my run.

Overall?

138th outta 156 overall.

Age Group?

21st out of 21.

Had the second fastest Swim. 4th fastest T1. Second to the slowest bike. and ran a chill 21min 5K.

In the end I have to say the Race Director and crew were UNBELIEVABLY nice and apologetic (sp?). They comped me an entry into ANY event they do so that was nice... but doesnt give me the 100points I was going for."


Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment