Saturday, September 6, 2008

Focused on KONA...

We're now well into September. It's really starting to hit me. I WILL be treading water in Kailua Bay on October 11th. Ill be cycling down the Queen K across vast lava fields. I'll run down Ali'i drive.

It doesnt get any better than that for most triathletes. With one more build phase to go I find myself getting more and more focused. I'm already visioning solid, beneficial workouts that lead to a succesful race.

I've even started to tighten down on my diet a little bit more. I'm really excited to see how my training plan works for me on race day. I'm ready to see what I can do when there is no pressure. No reason to hold back. If I bonk ... I bonk. If I walk.. I walk. So what. I'm IN KONA! I just ordered the wheel set I'm going to run. My good friend Andrew got me a great deal on a rental for a Zipp 404 front and a Zipp 808 rear, both clinchers. The last thing I want to do is be playing around w/ tubulars out on the lava fields if I get a flat!! Theres really not a whole lot more to do from here other than get the training miles in and stay focused. Thanks to everyone for all your support and words of encouragement :) I hope to make everyone proud October 11th.

In other news PrarieMan is this weekend. I've really been putting pressure on Scott to perform (haha!) and get that half mary under 1:30! :) Actually I'll be happy with anything. Personally I'd like to finish w/ a sub :30 swim and a sub 2:20 bike. I dont plan on pushing outside my limits, but rather trying to stay controlled while going uber fast. It'll probably come down to the winds on Sunday. I used to cycle Joe Pool ALL the time and I'll tell you those winds can really pick up near the lake. The swim isnt wetsuit legal, but Scott said I can wear his BlueSeventy speedsuit so It'll be nice trying that out in a race before Kona.

Alrighty, I need to get some reading done for school! I'll hopefully get some time on Sunday after the race to update w/ some good results!

_Jacob_

No comments:

Post a Comment