Tuesday, September 2, 2008

7hr workouts and Bikram Yoga...

Whooo. Well its been a nice few days. Saturday REALLY didnt go the way I wanted it to. Needed to get 3-4hrs in and got 1.5 due to lack of sleep. I got my 7hr workout in on Sunday. Did 115miles on the bike with a 1hr run and that went really well. Winds have been picking up the past two weekends so it makes my ride a little more challenging. Around 3:15mins-4:30mins theres a pretty good headwind. The run was great. Couldnt have been much better.

All thats left now is this recovery week. Another 3 week build phase then a 2 week taper. Im still debating on the long workouts for the next three weekends. I had a good friend throw out the idea of a 75-80mile ride w/ a 14-16mile run. I may give that a shot. I will be doing two 18mile runs for sure. Just not sure when... Nothing closer than 3 weeks out. With less than three weeks to go its mainly gonna be cycling. No hard impact long distance running at all. Max run 8miles. The taper will be drastic to say the least.

I like the idea that this race for me is so different that any other Ironman for the reason that I'm no longer trying to qualify for anything. I know good and well I'm not going to place so why not experiement and see how different things work. Thats why this time I'm doing the 2week taper instead of 3 week.

Tried Bikram Yoga for the first time yesterday. OMG. Freakin brutal. Thoroughly enjoyed it though. I REALLY wish it was something I could invest more time in. If I were ever a professional triathlete or athlete in general Bikram would be a part of my workout schedule on a daily basis. Thanks to Scott for talking me into it Believe or not I really wanna go back now!
Like I said earlier.. this week will be a nice easy recovery week before I start my final build. Ill keep up the swimming volume this week, stay on top of my cycling and running and get prepared for the Prarieman relay this weekend in which ill be swimming and cycling. Scott will be running the half mary.

Lastly, If anyone knows of a good, reliable source for me to rent or borrow a good wheel set for Kona from let me know! Preferrably a clincher wheelset. Either a Zipp 404 front, 808 rear; or a Blackwell 50mm front, 100mm rear, clincher as well... Thanks!!

I've got some coffee to drink.

Congrats to everyone that started and finished IMKY this weekend!


I've included a picture of some Bikram greatness.... :- /

_Jacob_


No comments:

Post a Comment