Sunday, September 28, 2008

Boooo for the stress...

Ugh.

Its been difficult lately. I'm not totally 100% sure why... maybe its the fact that I'm racing in the Ironman World Championships in < 2 weeks... maybe its school being in full swing w/ massive projects in the works.. maybe its the idea of missing 3 full days of classes for Kona... Maybe its just me letting those things get to me.

I was talking to Courtney today and we realized something... WE LEAVE FOR KONA IN 9 days! WOW. It really hit me.. this is going to happen.... I immediately got off the phone with her and started packing :)

But really, lately I've been a bit off. School really is getting a bit more stressful and a few of my workouts havent been exactly where I want them. Tomorrow I'm really going to push those negative thoughts out of my head and just have a good solid workout w/ my friend Scott.

Its so close to Kona that there is nothing else I can do thats going to help me race day and I know that... Its just difficult to actually act on that. I feel like I need to go ride 130 miles to make sure I'm ready.. Of course I'm not, but thats how I feel. I'm still waiting for that race... that race where I have NO regrets and am 100% satisfied. Things in general are coming together well.. I just need to get through next week without breaking and just stay on top of things.

Ironman World Championships = T-minus 13 days

I love you all :)

_Jacob_

No comments:

Post a Comment