Sunday, October 18, 2009

Exercise for the love?

This post is way overdue.

For the past three weeks or so I've just been exercising. I haven't been training.... I've been doing what I love with no specific purpose. If I feel like running 20 miles I'll run 20 miles. If I feel like cycling, I cycle. This brings me to why do some of us exercise in the first place???

Lately I've noticed more and more people that use ANY POSSIBLE excuse they can to NOT exercise! If they think they have a good reason not to exercise they use it. To me this blatantly shows that whoever it is, obviously does not have a "love" for exercise and is doing it for the wrong reasons in the first place. (Granted everyone has their own reasons....)

Exercise should most definitely NOT be a burden. These past few weeks I've been waking up, and just really looking forward to a nice workout. When I start my runs I start them having no idea how far I'm actually going to run or at what pace. It's totally amazing setting myself free in this way.

I've realized overtime that the best results I can get, are when I'm just exercising, not training. I haven't written a training plan in almost a year, and I've set 5PRs, not mention had a blast!! I also set my Ironman marathon and swim PRs this year.

Ok ok... So what am I trying to get at?? Every once in awhile as athletes, triathletes, cyclists, or ultra-runners, we need to take time off from training, and JUST exercise. Re-discover that love for just working out. If you have to, take your watch off and enjoy the peace. Register for races and just do them. Don't worry about time or pace.

I haven't taken a day off from some sort of cardio exercise in almost a month, yet I feel more refreshed than ever because I've just been exercising for the love. For the love of exercise...

_Jacob_

No comments:

Post a Comment