Wednesday, November 10, 2010

No motivation or a change in priorities...

I just spent about 30 minutes looking back through a lot of old blog posts and training log posts. On November 24th, I will have been logging my workouts on beginnertriathlete.com for three years. February 2nd will be my 4 year anniversary of logging workouts in general.

It's so weird going back and reading everything I had to say back then. My motivations were totally different. Now I ask myself... Do I no longer like triathlon? Do I not want to do it anymore?

I definitely don't think that's the case, but I do think that my priorities are different. I think SO many triathletes get so off track from what's really important, and I used to be one of "those" triathletes. Over the past year or so I've discovered that you can still do triathlon/endurance sports AND have fun doing it! You don't have to devote every living second to training and the triathlon mentality.

Currently I'm struggling with my role on Team Ironhead. I've been racing for them for about three-four years now and love everyone on the team, but to be honest I barely race triathlon anymore. I'm gonna go volunteer at Brondas DU in a few weeks and make a call after that. If I'm not kicked off I'm gonna hang around and keep helping Ironhead Race Productions as much as possible.

Ok! Enough emo posting. I have a 50K run this weekend and I'm totally excited and totally unprepared. My training as usual is lacking, but I'm confident I can finish regardless. I've heard great things about this race in regards to the course and I'm pumped to get to run a challenging 50K this close to home.

I'm also going to try camping this weekend at the race! I'm going down there solo so I figure this is a great way to save some $$$. Unfortunately the forecast is for a 40% of rain so I'm crossing my fingers that holds off till Sunday!

I've gotta get back to work, but just wanted to share a few thoughts with everyone! Below is a song by Boards of Canada that I loveee. Just for your enjoyment.

Also, go check out my friend Bens blog. CLICK HERE to check it out. He's doing his first 50 miler next Saturday!! GO BEN!

_Jacob_

No comments:

Post a Comment