Saturday, November 24, 2007

Treadmills? No way....

So... Plan for today? 1hr - 8ish mile run. Start at around an 8min pace, work it down to 7:30s. Nothing crazy. Wake up around 3p and hear rain :( Well.. Ill run and cycle in sub anything temps.. but I wont run or cycle in wet rain. Sickness isnt worth it.

So... What do I do? Well, im NOT a fan of treadmills. But... I had to do what I had to do. So I grab my gear swallow a powerbar and head to the Cedar Hill rec center.

I hate working out indoors SO bad that I pay $5 everytime I go up there for a one day pass instead of buying unlimited passes for ______ amount each month/3 months. I get to the rec center and change then head over to the treadmills :( :( :( :( :(

I set everything up like im about to do a marathon. Lol. 2 waterbottles, ipod, towel, etc etc. I start the stupid machine and phsych (sp?) myself up. (before I continue, know that Im doing this run in my Asics, NOT my newtons. Mainly becaues they say Newtons arent made for Treadmills and the benefits would be none....So I decided id try my gel landriths again... Which ive run in the 3yrs previous to this past month)

I literally hop on and start running. It was at a 10min pace so I quickly brough it down to 8min/mile... First thought? This is WAY uncomfortable and I bet I look like a RETARD. :( It felt SOOOO akward. I was trying to run on my forefoot and was but just couldnt get comfortable.

I literally quit after no more than 30seconds.

I got off the treadmill, packed my stuff and left.

To do what you ask?

Go home..put on my Newtons... and run for an hr. After my hr run in the sub 40degree temps I felt awesome. It didnt rain too hard and I felt that much stronger for suckin it up and getting it done.

I will never run in anything but Newtons ever again.

_Jacob_

No comments:

Post a Comment