Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Monday (8.20.07)

Cycle:
48.51 miles
Total Time: 2:40:00
Saddle Time: N/A
Avg. Pace: 18.19 mph
Avg. Cad: N/A

T1 -> N/A

Run:
6 miles
Total Time: 47:25:91
7:54 + 7:53 + 7:50 + 7:32 + (1:00 4 H20) + 7:57 + 7:11
Pace: 7:44/m

Total Time:
~3:30:00

Trainers: 22.4
Flats: 41.2

Overall... fun, relaxed workout today. (until the run) Rode w/ Syd out to Rockett and Palmer. The roads had been re-paved... and by re-paved I mean "Anti-Cyclists" re-paved. Its sooo annoying when PERFECTLY GOOD roads are reduced to chip seal.... roads that were once PERFECT for cycling are now almost unsafe... There goes peoples tax money towards things that arent needed. AT ALL. ** Rant Over ** The ride was nice. Pretty hot, but nothing compared to the wind. It was nice to have a hard head wind at times. Stopped once in Palmer for beverages, then again in Red Oak so that I could raise my seat. Im still adjusting that seatpost on the road bike since its been SO long.
I didnt start my watch again when we left Palmer so i dont have any bike splits. (had to use Syds) then didnt hit it again when I got to the driveway so a T1 time is missing :( yea yea... I know.
The run started out pretty relaxed but quickly started picking up. When I hit 2 miles I decided to push it a bit and brought the pace closer to 7:30s. Grabbed a fresh bottle at the gate and headed down Mont. for 2 miles. Was really feeling the heat at this point. I was desperate enough to pour Gatorade on my head! Ha. Last mile was 7:17 and that was holding back. Ive been working on holding back alot lately. As long as I know I have it.... I dont need to expose it......

_Jacob_

No comments:

Post a Comment