Friday, August 17, 2007

Wednesday (8.15.07)

Wed Night Crit
C Race

Cycle:
~ 8 miles

http://www.teambicyclesinc.org/Files/WNC%20Results%2008-08-07.pdf

Raced the C race in Ft. Worth again tonight! Really had a blast tonight... other than NOT winning. : - / I got used bad tonight. The other good riders out there had a plan and it worked out well. Know what the plan was called? "The Let Jacob Pull Plan" ..... And Jacob pulled... well.. not on purpose. Apparently they remembered me from the previous week, and knew that I could ride.. and that I could ride solo. So this time they were prepared for my break and werent going to let me just ride away. With about one lap to go I quickly realized this may come down to a sprint... and that wasnt what I wanted. I was going to anything I could to avoid a sprint. Tried to break once w/ 2 laps to go and they were right there on my wheel.. I broke the field up a bit, but not enough. Finally... We caught a break away and I had decided when I caught that guy that I would go. So we sucked him in and I went. HARD. Never looked back. Was about 100y from the finish and looked down and could see a shadow. Thats when I buckled. Had nothing left. Had pushed hard to drop em'. Afterwards a few of the guys came up to me and let me know that they were hanging on for dear life. Shame I couldnt have pushed just a bit more. I think I could have had em'.

_Jacob_

No comments:

Post a Comment