Thursday, February 8, 2007

Thursday (2.08.07)

Bike: 40.00
Avg. HR first hr: 125
Max HR first hr: 152
*********************
Avg. HR second hr:129
Max HR second hr: 167
*********************
Total avg. HR: 127
Total Max HR: 167

Spun today. Woke up around 1:15 and i decided it was just too cold to ride 50miles. Which of course was the plan. Did 30seconds shy of two hrs. Of course I cant be too sure on what my mileage was because I was on the stupid trainer.
I tried a few different things today. At about 1:30 into the ride I tried alternating one leg for 30-1:00 and then putting both of them together. It felt good but was hard. I definitly felt slightly more tired that I did on my last 2:10:00 ride. Little dissapointing for sure, but i went pretty hard the first hr.
Im not going to swim because I have a test tommorow and REALLY need to be studying. But because of this im going to ride an hr tommorow to make up for the lost hr. today, meaning that I wont have a day off this week. Of course taper is next week : - D

So I was on Facebook earlier and saw that two guys I know from school / UTA Tri club are going to be there. This excites me and makes me nervous at the same time. I dont have as much confidence as I would like after Frost yer Fanny. I think I need to stick w/ my goal of beating Aaron and letting them run w/ they're going to run. Of course they're going to go off wayyy to fast because they're "runners". Not triathletes. I need to focus on what ive been practicing and thats my bike and transitions.

After debating w/ myself for a little while ive decided to get some new cycling/tri shoes. Im planning on going to Richardson Sunday night and picking up a new pair. I think this is going to save me some time for sure. One strap plus I can rubber band them to my frame.

Next race Ill be sporting:
-New Race wheels
-Disk Rear; 100mm front
-New aero H20 bottle
-New Tri shoes

Next investments... Hopefull B4 my first half Iron down on galveston island are:
-Cervelo P2C Frame w/ upgraded Easton Carbon Fork
-Zipp Vuka Aero Bars or the Profile Design X1.5 Carbons.

Im getting anxious, and all I want to do is win.
-THE END-




_Jacob_

No comments:

Post a Comment