Monday, September 10, 2007

Sunday (9.9.07)

Run:
8 miles
Total Time: 1:02:04
8:17 + 8:00 + 7:35 + 7:33 + 7:44 + 7:44 + 7:32 + 7:35
Pace:

Total Time: 1:02:04

Trainers:
Flats:

Today was a good day. Started out not so good... but I did a redemption run. Whats a redemption you ask? Its a run... in POURING as rain w/ the most dangerous lightning ive ever seen. 8 miles... w/ hills... negative splits. Thats a redemption run.

Plan for today? Was a (10-2)3. First off... Plan was to watch PM. Head to Lukes to grab my endurance... then head home and DO the brick. Well... watched Syd and some friends finish. (Congrats to everyone... AWESOME day w/ some tough conditions) Said hey to everyone and left about 1. I knew good and well I didnt have time to go to lukes and do a 3hr brick... So i decided to head home and decide on a workout on the way home. About halfway home I could tell it was going to POUR in a bit. Finally decided a run would be the best option... a 1hr run. Changed clothes... and hit the road. I started the run w/ no intentions or expectations. About 1.5 miles into the run the skies opened up and rain came down like ive never run in before. It was obviously stupid to be running in lightning that severe but this run had to be done... at any cost. I had to prove something to myself. I pushed and pushed through the rain. Came to mile 3.5 and i hear a honk behind me. John pulls up next to me in my car and yells at me to get in the car. I reply...

"Ive got 4 miles to go.... gotta workout....."

He rolls up the window and continues to point towards the passenger seat. I wasnt getting in that car for anything. I kept running. I was basicly running through a half inch to an inch of water at this point. I came to the house and switched out my bottle and took my gel. I took my left turn to Mont and started the "hilly" section. It was still pouring rain. I just kept pushing the pace. I felt AWESOME. This was what I needed.... I needed an obstacle to overcome... and the rain and lightning was just that. With my "taper" starting this week... I needed something. That was it.

Awesome run.

Tomm?
Getting up at 1... getting my Endurance.. Heading home and riding for 1.5hrs and then swimming an hr tomm night.

_Jacob_

No comments:

Post a Comment