Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Tuesday (9.18.07)

Cycle/Speed:

8:50 EZ WU
5:00 Sprint w/ 2:24r (23.76 mph)
4:36 Sprint w/ 2:37r (25.83 mph)
4:47 Sprint w/ 2:44r (24.84 mph)
4:34 Sprint (26.01 mph)
12:08 EZ CD

Total Time:
47:44:21

Had a blast doing these sprints today. First time since early in the year... like Duathlon season early. After this weekend I felt like my bike was lacking... I felt like I was already tired 10 miles into the ride. So Ive decided I need to do speed work on the bike. Or at least push my limits on the bike more often. Im bad about just doing long rides at a nice easy pace. Thats not working anymore... The guys I want to beat are fast. The reason the splits alternate from fast, slow. fast, slow are because the wind was with me one way and against me the other. Obviously.

Im obviously a few days behind on keeping up w/ my workouts. I have no intention of writing down my workouts leading up to HalfMax... because they're over now... and so is that race.

DNF'ing is something that ive contimplated since the first time I heard the term. Ive always wondered.... what leads to a DNF... what makes one want to DNF... or DNF in general. HalfMax was bad. Everything went wrong... Nothing went the way it was planned. People have been telling me... Well.. "You should have been prepared..." - "You should have had an extra tire..." Etc etc etc. The thing is... I DIDNT WANT TO RACE in those situations. The flat was a good thing. I was cold. Shaking... and miserable in general. Thats NOT how I want to race. When I pulled my wetsuit down after my 28ish minute swim I knew that wasnt going to work... I couldnt believe how cold I was.... My body was not prepared for those temps, and they're was nothing I could do to prepare myself for those temps. Shame I couldnt have gotten to the run... Because it would have been a half PR. Yep... I said it.

My workouts for the next two weeks or so arent going to planned out. Im going to wake up and do what I feel like. If I want to run.. Ill run... If I want to cycle, I cycle.. if I want to sprint... Ill sprint. Thats all there is to it. A week or two of unplanned workouts may help me get back to exercising to exercise... and not w/ a specific goal in mind.

As of right now, my last two tris of the year are rapidly approaching and im ready to have a solid race again. If neither of the Stonebridge tris have 500 im going to race the Oly.
I want to WIN try andys.

_Jacob_

No comments:

Post a Comment