Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Sunday (5.13.07)

Cycle:
98.87 miles
Pace: 18.14 mph
Time: 5:27:59 (saddle time)

T1-> 20:00 (raining)

Run:
4.4 miles
Pace: 9:30/m (not sure if thats correct)
Time: 41:45

Total Time:
6:28:51


Whew. What a full day. Met Scott at Benbrook YMCA after the kids tri that morning. Scott thought the route would be 85-90 miles. Apparently it was 98 :D Anyways, we started the ride and got outside the park, and I had a flat! First flat in forever. After that the ride got a little better. It started warming up and that was nice. I enjoy the heat. We rode out to the weatherford area. At one point we were in the middle of NOWHERE! Ran out of H20. Got pretty bad for awhile but we grabbed some water in weatherford on the way back. We picked a route to head back on and took it. Was really nice. Pretty scenic. Not too many climbs. Scott and I raced a few city signs and county limits. Was nice. Headed back to the lake just in time. We were about 3miles out and it was thundering and lighting constantly. We pulled into the Y parking lot and sat underneath the awning in front while it poured. Were probably sitting there for about 20min. Wished that hadnt happened but hey, what can we do?
I loaded the bike up and we started the run. We both felt great. I had no complaints. We had some H20 w/ us and I carried a little bottle. When I wasnt running w/ it I just stuck it in my shorts in the back. Worked out really well. We finished strong and w/ negative splits. Couldnt have asked for too much more. :)
Im not really sure if the run pace is accurate because scott clocked one of our miles at around 7:30.

Bike Course:
http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=955103


_Jacob_

No comments:

Post a Comment