Thursday, April 19, 2007

Wednesday (4.18.07)

Day Off ****


What I need to do is asses why I race. Try to figure out what it is I want from the sport of triathlon. With nationals only a few days away I find myself doubting all my talent. Talent I have worked OH so hard to have. There are people racing Saturday that I know I cant beat. Meaning that ive more than accepted the fact that I will not win, and im almost to the fact of accepting that I may not even place top 50. What if I do run a sub 6:00 pace. What then? Do i place top 20? Maybe? Possibility? Yes... Possibility of me running a sub 6 pace? O. None. Neal... nada. Me running a sub 6:30 pace. TOTAL possibility. What happens then? I have no idea. Well just have to wait and find out.


....Am I having fun racing? Why of course. I know that. The thing is... am I taking the right approach to what I want. I am there to beat people.... but im also there to enjoy myself and overcome that challenge of what triathlon is. Triathlon has made who I am today.

I feel like I need to change my approach to racing. I need to take it seriously... but I need to remember that in the end... Its honestly not about winning... its about who I am... and who the sport has made me. I dont want it to make me into a jealous athlete. Thats not who I am. I do though... want to be the best possible athlete I can be. Im prepared to take everything to the next level to achieve that. I feel like thats what im doing this season. This season is a pre-requisite to next season where it will all come together. When it comes down to racing.... its time to be serious...Right now.. before the race. Its time to focus.. but its also time to remember what the sport of Triathlon is about.

What else can I say?

_Jacob_

No comments:

Post a Comment